Every customer review we have received is published here. To leave your own review, please click on PRODUCTS, then click on the product you want to review, then scroll down to ‘Add a review’.
- SET OF 3 - 'PETTY', 'SANTOKU' & 'GYUTO'Thank you for providing a product that can survive being used in such a harsh and demanding environment, and even more so on a warship we're the galley is open 24/7 and you can spend up to 6'hours a day with a knife in your hand prepping veg and meat, they have turned mind numbing jobs in to a pleasure to do.
- 8” / 21cm ‘GYUTO’ (CHEF’S) KNIFE 牛刀Its exactly the kind of knife I was shopping for. Its everything I hoped it would be and more. It not heavy and not to light weight. Its just ..I have no words to express the beauty of this knife. Its an experience.
- SET OF 3 - 'PETTY', 'SANTOKU' & 'GYUTO'TOG knives are not just pretty to look at, they are also the sharpest knives I've ever had the pleasure of using. Cannot wait to complete the set. Bert provided a wonderful personal service, i cannot recommend these and higher. Buy them now!
- 10¼" / 26cm 'SUJIHIKI' KNIFE 筋引き (BLACKWOOD)I have been lucky enough to trail the prototype of this knife and I cannot recommend it high enough. Until now I have always felt there is a lack of quality carving knives that slice cleanly and effortlessly, maintaining their edge for a long duration. I very much look forward to adding this to my collection
- SET OF 3 - 'PETTY', 'SANTOKU' & 'GYUTO'Just superb. Very efficient service, but the stars are the knives. Blades phenomenal, weight great, handles excellent. Works of art but also usable. Can't recommend highly enough
- 10" / 25cm CERAMIC HONING ROD WITH SHOCK ABSORBER 黒セラミック包丁研ぎ棒I posted an earlier review stating that although I was very impressed with the honing abilities, I had found that the delicate cleaning required was a little problematic in a butchery setting. I've have since put the rod to the test and chucked in hot water full of sanitiser along with the rest of the tools, giving it a good old scrub and it doesn't seem to mind in the slightest, sharpening like nearly new. It's also hit the deck a couple of times this week, landing tip down and has come away unscathed.
- 10" / 25cm CERAMIC HONING ROD WITH SHOCK ABSORBER 黒セラミック包丁研ぎ棒I run butchery and charcuterie workshops as well as managing the butchery department of a small food hall in Bristol. My knives get a lot of use and go on a steal several times a day, so I was very happy to have the opportunity to try out one of the TOG Ceramic Honing Rods. Now, one month in of near daily use and, I am only just feeling the need to put the knives on the wetstone, this is normally a task I do on a weekly basis. With less strokes required and with less force, the rounding effect on the blade, when using the rod is much less pronounced than with a steal. The ceramic rod also cuts a sharper edge onto the blade than the traditional steal I was using. I haven’t dropped it yet to be able to comment on the shock absorption. The only thing I have found as a negative is cleaning. The surface does get clogged up with use and even with fairly vigorous wiping with a damp cloth I can’t get it back to what it was like brand new. The other thing I have found in a butchery setting is that a steal gets used regularly throughout the day and although the knives are wiped clean as you go, it is still nice to have the peace of mind provided by giving all the tools a good soak and sanitise at the end of the day, which you obviously can’t do with the ceramic rod. All this said I still wouldn’t go back to steal, there are some tools that are functional and some that are simply a pleasure to use, the honing rod is definitely one of the latter.
- 8” / 21cm ‘GYUTO’ (CHEF’S) KNIFE 牛刀I'm a chef and have been cooking full time for over 12 years. I have used a series of knives from brands including Global, Mac, Robert Welch, Shun, IO Shen, Henkels and Wusthoff, and without a doubt this knife is by far the best knife that I have purchased. The craftsmanship is first class, the blade is beautifully made and the handle sits perfectly. The knife isn't heavy like some of the German knifes but still has more feel and weight than comparable global and Mac knifes.
I would wholeheartedly recommend purchasing a TOG knife. You will not be disappointed.
- 6½” / 17cm ‘SANTOKU’ (MULTIPURPOSE) KNIFE 三徳ナイフI fell in love with Tog knives the second I opened my gyuto - since then i have bought many more Tog products and they are all exceptional!! The santoku is no exception - if anything it's even more special. The balance of the knife is perfect and the sharpness is simply amazing! The handle is visually stunning and is by far the most comfortable I've ever used. At £150 you will not find a better knife - i can't wait for the release of more products :)
Edge retention is fantastic!
Each knife is numbered (1-500)
Easy to clean
N/A (it really is faultless)
- 6½” / 17cm ‘SANTOKU’ (MULTIPURPOSE) KNIFE 三徳ナイフBottom Line: This is one very nice knife that handles well, keeps its edge, and just plain looks good! The Santoku is impressively sharp right out of the box, and handles with ease. I know it's hard to believe, but this is a knife that actually lives up to its claims!
- 8” / 21cm ‘GYUTO’ (CHEF’S) KNIFE 牛刀Is this the best knife in the world? I think so! I've spent a lot of money on knives in the past but none of them compare to my Tog gyuto! I can not recommend this knife enough - it really is beautiful in every way! It's scary sharp, extremely well balanced, fantastic ergonomics and stunning to look at! I did a lot of research before buying and I can't recall seeing anything less then 5stars - Tog really is that good! Thank you Rob keep up the great work!
- SET OF 3 - 'PETTY', 'SANTOKU' & 'GYUTO'When I first saw TOG knives I was excited to try them out! I've dealt with the team on a few occasions and every time it's been a pleasure! Now, as a proud owner of TOG knives I am always finding an excuse to use them, in particular my Santoku.
The knives have a fantastic cutting edge and i love the Kebony wood handles! They are an excellent addition to my kitchen.
- 8” / 21cm ‘GYUTO’ (CHEF’S) KNIFE 牛刀There's no need to over-inflate this review with superlatives - here are the things you need to know.
- Beautifully crafted
- Very, very sharp
- Comfortable to use
- Easy to maintain
- Fast delivery
- Rapid response to questions
- Excellent guidance given for maintenance
To summarise, the knife is fantastic and TOG are an absolute pleasure to deal with.
- 4¾” / 12.5cm ‘PETTY’ (UTILITY/PARING) KNIFE ペティーナイフExceedingly aesthetically pleasing: with a razor sharp blade. Easily the best knife I’ve ever owned. When you use the TOG to cut anything it feels like an extension of your arm rather than holding something in your hand.
- 10" / 25cm CERAMIC HONING ROD WITH SHOCK ABSORBER 黒セラミック包丁研ぎ棒I have found the honing rod excellent. I was searching for a while for a ceramic honing rod but for some reason they are not that readily available. Hence I was delighted when I found this one and it has not disappointed in anyway. It really keeps a keen edge on my kitchen knives, is easy to maintain and is showing no signs of wear.
- 8” / 21cm ‘GYUTO’ (CHEF’S) KNIFE 牛刀Been meaning to write this for months!
This is a truly special knife! In the last 10 plus years as a chef I have used many brands including some of the Japanese specialities and this beats them all!! Aside from its looks (It is very handsome) it keeps it's edge and balances as well as it claims..........to live up to that is quite rare but it does!
Cheered TOG........will be adding the rest to my knife roll soon!
- SET OF 3 - 'PETTY', 'SANTOKU' & 'GYUTO'I just bought the full set of TOG knives, and as a chef i have always used global knives, so was a bit apprehensive. the TOG knives are by far the best knives I have ever used, razor sharp, slick and very comfortable in the hand! an investment well worth making!!!
- SET OF 3 - 'PETTY', 'SANTOKU' & 'GYUTO'Things of beauty and utility without equal. The sharpest knives I've ever found - and I've spent a lot of money over the years searching obsessively for just the right one. The right weight and balance, the supernaturally sharp blade that just doesn't seem to fade, the beautifully designed handle that offers the perfect level of grip in your hand and the perfect degree of sexiness when on display. But this set and you may never need another knife again.
- SET OF 3 - 'PETTY', 'SANTOKU' & 'GYUTO'These knives are beautiful, the feel of the handle is perfect and goes great with the weight, the blade slices so effortlessly. I am not a knife pro so can't comment on the balance as such but they all sit with pride of place in my kitchen awaiting the arrival of the cutting board to match them...
I would recommend these in a heart beat.
- 6½” / 17cm ‘SANTOKU’ (MULTIPURPOSE) KNIFE 三徳ナイフOk, this is going to be a bit OTT fanboy but here goes-
First up - beautiful website
Easy to order.
Amazingly quick delivery.
Beautiful packaging, even your font is nice.
The knife - so beautiful, it makes me really happy that someone created this. Well done.
And, despite being an object of beauty it's the most incredible knife to use.
Can't stop chopping things.
Form and function - a rare combo.
Actually made me smile, and I am a miserable old sod.
- 8” / 21cm ‘GYUTO’ (CHEF’S) KNIFE 牛刀I got this as a present for my partner who loves to cook, it's an excellent knife, very sharp and does the job very well. Great customer service from the company throughout the purchasing process. Would recommend these knives to other keen cooks!
- 6½” / 17cm ‘SANTOKU’ (MULTIPURPOSE) KNIFE 三徳ナイフI'm so happy with this knife I will be buying the chests knife to complete the set soon. It might seem expensive unless you've bought Global before but the price is worth it. These knives not only look great but work like a dream, cutting through anything with ease. I would recommend this knife to anyone.
- 4¾” / 12.5cm ‘PETTY’ (UTILITY/PARING) KNIFE ペティーナイフThis knife is easily the one of the best knives I've used, the other being this ones bigger brother! It's beautifully made and looks like a work of art. Definitely worth the money and I hope it lasts me many years.
- 4¾” / 12.5cm ‘PETTY’ (UTILITY/PARING) KNIFE ペティーナイフI have recently taken delivery of my very own TOG knife and it has lived up to my highest expectations. It is simply stunning to look at, comfortable and effective in use, and easy to care for if the guidance is followed. But beware the careless user, this is a serious knife and super sharp. It does not take prisoners as a friend discovered.....
- SET OF 3 - 'PETTY', 'SANTOKU' & 'GYUTO'This is a truly great set of knives, real quality, perfect weight, not to mention the looks! Well done TOG, looking forward to your next products!
- 8” / 21cm ‘GYUTO’ (CHEF’S) KNIFE 牛刀Bought one for a present for a very keen cook and sushi-enthusiast, the knife was very well received and has performed excellently particularly on sharpness, only problem is that no one else in the house is allowed to use it!
- 6½” / 17cm ‘SANTOKU’ (MULTIPURPOSE) KNIFE 三徳ナイフThe Santoku is AMAZING. I use Sabatier normally, but have not touched them since our Santoku (and Petty) arrived. I LOVE THIS KNIFE. It cuts through anything. Cutting celeriac has become fun. And potatoes don't even have time to stick to your knife, it's that quick and sharp. The size works very well for me as I have small hands. I would highly recommend the Santoku.