NOTE This product is now available as pre-order. Orders placed now will be dispatched in June 2019 from a new limited run of just 100. These new knives are made from a new 17 layer steel which has even better strength and scratch resistance. The new steel has 8 layers of copper rather than 10.
This Kebony maple version of our Sujihiki is available to customers worldwide and the handle matches the other knives in the TOG range. This knife is 10g lighter than the African Blackwood version because of the difference in densities of the two materials and its balance point is 1cm further forward.
“The best TOG Knife yet” – Adam Handling, Head Chef, The Frog, British Chef of the Year 2014, Scottish Chef of the Year 2015
“Amazing” – Anthony Demetre, Chef Patron, Arbutus (Soho) & Wild Honey (Mayfair) Michelin starred restaurants, London.
The Sujihiki is a double-bevel, thin Japanese slicing knife intended for cutting raw or cooked protein such as meat or fish, or terrines. It is not intended for cutting onto bones and is not flexible. Side pressure should not be applied. It is also very good at cutting non-crusty bread! For more details, see Tech Specs.
• Roll-forged, 21-layer, ridiculously sharp blade.
• Stays sharp due to Acuto 440 high carbon Japanese steel cutting edge hardened to HRC 58-60.
• Antimicrobial copper layers give TOG blades their distinctive stripes.
• Full tang, bolstered, 3-rivet handle for durability and balance.
• Kebony Maple handle, a sustainable and highly durable alternative to tropical hardwoods.
• Handle sculpted to provide excellent grip and control.
• Laser-etched handle and blade.