LIMITED EDITION with African Blackwood Handle.
NOTE: DUE TO NEW 2017 REGULATIONS CONTROLLING THE MOVEMENT OF AFRICAN BLACKWOOD, THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO CUSTOMERS WITHIN THE EU. We also have a Kebony Maple version of this knife which is available to customers worldwide. This African Blackwood version will be limited to 150 knives only. Read more.
“The best TOG Knife yet” – Adam Handling, Head Chef, The Frog, British Chef of the Year 2014, Scottish Chef of the Year 2015
“Amazing” – Anthony Demetre, Chef Patron, Arbutus (Soho) & Wild Honey (Mayfair) Michelin starred restaurants, London.
The Sujihiki is a double-bevel, thin Japanese slicing knife intended for cutting raw or cooked protein such as meat or fish, or terrines. It is not intended for cutting onto bones and is not flexible. Side pressure should not be applied. It is also very good at cutting non-crusty bread! For more details, see Tech Specs.
• Roll-forged, 21-layer, ridiculously sharp blade.
• Stays sharp due to Acuto 440 high carbon Japanese steel cutting edge hardened to HRC 58-60.
• Antimicrobial copper layers give TOG blades their distinctive stripes.
• Full tang, bolstered, 3-rivet handle for durability and balance.
• African Blackwood handle from sustainably managed forest in Tanzania. This material gives a slightly better balance point than Kebony for this long blade as it is denser.
• Handle sculpted to provide excellent grip and control.
• Laser-etched handle and blade.