NOW IN STOCK
“The best TOG Knife yet” – Adam Handling, Head Chef, The Frog, British Chef of the Year 2014, Scottish Chef of the Year 2015
“Amazing” – Anthony Demetre, Chef Patron, Arbutus (Soho) & Wild Honey (Mayfair) Michelin starred restaurants, London.
The Sujihiki is a double-bevel, thin Japanese slicing knife intended for cutting raw or cooked protein such as meat or fish, or terrines. It is not intended for cutting onto bones and is not flexible. Side pressure should not be applied. It is also very good at cutting non-crusty bread! For more details, see Tech Specs.
• Roll-forged, 21-layer, ridiculously sharp blade.
• Stays sharp due to Acuto 440 high carbon Japanese steel cutting edge hardened to HRC 58-60.
• Antimicrobial copper layers give TOG blades their distinctive stripes.
• Full tang, bolstered, 3-rivet handle for durability and balance.
• FSC African Blackwood handle from sustainably managed forest in Tanzania. This has replaced Kebony maple as it is denser and gives a better balance point with the long blade.
• Handle sculpted to provide excellent grip and control.
• Laser-etched handle and blade.