The TOG ceramic honing rod is needed in order to maintain the edge of your TOG Knives (or other steel kitchen knives). Unlike other ceramic rods, it has a 3-part shock absorber system that absorbs 70% of impacts, reducing the risk of breaking if dropped. The rod should be used daily or weekly, depending on how much you use your knives. This video explains how the product works and the best way to use it:
• Ultra-hard (Mohs 8) sintered black ceramic works effectively on very hard steels.
• Smooth, fine abrasive surface (equivalent to approx. a #2000 grit whetstone) repairs damage and restores your edge with minimal wear on the blade. Less harsh on the edge than diamond steels.
• Patented 3-part shock-absorber system absorbs 70% of impacts to reduce risk of breaking if dropped.
• Lightweight: Ceramic rods are lighter than steel ones and are easier to handle.
• Endcap is flush with rod so blade does not catch.
• Universal length (10” / 25cm) is suitable for all kitchen knives.
• Can also be used for deburring during whetstone sharpening.
• Hygienic: Ceramic rod and handle cannot harbour bacteria.
• Easy to clean – use a damp cloth to remove steel particles from the rod.
• Lifetime guarantee against manufacturing faults.